Welcome to DBA - The Barge Association
DBA - The Barge association is a club for people from anywhere in the world interested in barges and barging. DBA provides opportunities for members to share information and experiences through its website and forum and by meeting up at rallies and other events. DBA promotes general awareness of barges and barging and represents its members to many waterway authorities through Europe.
Benefits of DBA Membership are:
- Blue Flag: DBA's full colour magazine, sent to members bi-monthly.
- Events: Rallies and social occasions are held throughout the year.
- Forum: Discussion between members accessible either online or by email.
- Waterways Guide: Information from members about moorings and services on the waterways.
- Knowledgebase: A compendium of information from members via Blue Flag, the Forum and other research.
- DBA Shop: Books, charts & flags are available. Members get many items at a discount.
- Discounts: Various suppliers have agreed to give discounts to DBA members.
Here are a few other reasons to join us if you have a barge, dream of a life afloat - or are just interested:
- Our club is around 1700 strong with members from all over the world cruising and living on their barges in the UK and in Mainland Europe.
- Join DBA and tap into a huge amount of accumulated knowledge and wisdom about barges and barging.
- Join DBA and become part of the barging community.
- Join DBA and fast forward to find your barge and all the practical information you will need to fulfil your dream.
- Join DBA and know that your club is looking after your barging interests whether you just want to live quietly on board up some nameless backwater or plan to cruise the length and breadth of Europe.
- Join DBA and gain access to a data-base where cruising members share detailed information about good Continental moorings both long and short-term.
- Join DBA and receive our award-winning magazine 6 times a year.
- You don’t have to be ‘clubby‘ to join our club. Barging get-togethers are regularly organised in the UK, France, Belgium and the Netherlands but if you just want the knowledge without the mateyness that’s fine by us.
- However if you do feel like socialising either via our website or in person at an event, there are several hundred new friends out there who will be happy to meet you and answer all your barging questions.
DBA supports the campaign for the retention, restoration and maintenance of the French Canals
in partnership with L'Entente des Canaux du Centre .